UK Student Visa Application Guidelines
If you use our paid visa application service, we will prepare the documents in this section on your behalf:
- The UKVI Online Application Form (The application form is to be completed in the UKVI website – https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/apply-visa-type/tier4.)
- The Appointment Confirmation Letter
- The Self Assessment Form (Applicable to Tier 4 (Child) visa applicants only)
- Letter of Parent Consent
- To confirm that your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have given their consent to your application, to your independent travel to the UK and to you living independently in the UK. (Applicable to students under 18 only)
- To confirm that your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) are willing to provide for your tuition and living cost.
- Sort and label application documents in compliance with the requirement of the new scanning process for supporting documents imposed by UKVI.
In addition to preparation of the above documents, our paid visa application service also covers checking of documents included in Section B and Section C.
To be provided by your school:
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) Number
Provided by student and parent(s) (Only English documents are accepted. Translation by lawyers or the Notary office will be required if any of these document(s) is not in English.)
- A valid passport and any old copies
- Financial proof (Original and photocopy)
The financial records must show a year of tuition and living cost. These records must be issued within 31 days prior to the date of application and show that the required amount of fund has been in the account for more than 28 days.
- OEA Letter (Original and photocopy. Issued by the Treasury or the department for which the parent(s) work. Applicable to OEA students only.)
- All academic reference as specified in CAS
- Photocopy of student’s Hong Kong ID Card
- Photocopy of parents’ Hong Kong ID Card
- Birth certificate (Original and photocopy)
- Tuberculosis test (TB test) certificate
- Recommended Item – Passport Photos: Photograph of applicants will be taken at the visa application centre and submission of passport photos is not required as part of your visa application. However, students will need their passport photos for school enrollment, student ID card and police registration. It’s therefore recommended that students prepare six passport photos when they prepare other visa application documents. (45mm X 35mm color photos in white background)
Application Procedures on the Day of Document Submission
- Student should arrive the visa application centre at least 15 minutes before your appointment. Your appointment may be cancelled if you’re late.
- Children of 16 years of age or younger need to be accompanied by a parent.
- Student will be required to present their Appointment Confirmation Letter to be allowed entrance. Uses of mobile phones, photography and video recording are prohibited.
- Submitting your visa application documents. Your passport(s) and other application documents will not be returned to you until the whole application processes is completed.
- Enrolling your fingerprints and photograph (known as biometric information collection) at the visa application centre.
- Under normal circumstances, you won’t be interviewed in the process. The document submission process usually take about an hour.
After Your Arrival in the UK
- If your visa application is successful, you will be given a vignette valid for 30 days, which is a temporary visa attached to your passport. You are required to enter the UK within the date specified in your temporary visa to activate your student visa.
- Student is required to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) within 10 days upon their arrival in the UK, or before your temporary visa expires. Your BRP will be used every time you re-enter the UK.
- Student is required to collect your BRP at a post office specified in your online visa application. Alternatively, student can collect your BRP at the school or institution you’re going to study in. (If you’re preparing your online visa application yourself, please contact your education consultant for the ACL code of your school or institution.)
- HKSAR passport holders are required to register with the police in a local police station.
The registration costs £34.
Duration of Application and Other Reminders
Visa decision will normally be released in 15 to 90 days after submission. Due to the large amount of applications during summer, application might take longer.
- We recommend applying as early as it is allowed by the regulation, which is three months before your departure.
- Applicants are required to submit and collect their application documents in person.
Payment is required to be made via online credit card payment. If you use our paid visa application service, we will charge you in advance and make the online payment on your behalf.
- Student Visa Application Fee: £348 *
- Priority Visa Service: HKD$2,225 *
- Immigration Health Surcharge: £300 per year *
Starting from 6th September 2015, the UK Government is charging international students (who study in a course of over 6 months in length) an Immigration Health Surcharge to support the National Health Service (NHS). Applicants are required to pay in full when they make the online payment.
Calculating how much you have to pay: https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type
* The visa application fee changes from time to time. Please refer to the UKVI website for the latest information.
Visa Application Centre: Address & Business Hours
- Address: Units B&E, 6th Floor, Lee & Man Commercial Center, 169 Electric Road, North Point (Exit A, Fortress Hill MTR Station)
- Application Submission & Document Collection: Monday to Friday 08:00 – 15:00 (Closed in public holidays)
UKVI (Last updated: 30th January 2019)