UK Student Visa Application Guidelines
UK Student Visa & Child Student Visa
If you use our paid visa application service, we will prepare the documents in this section on your behalf:
- The UKVI Online Application Form: The application form is to be completed on the UKVI website
- The Appointment Confirmation Letter
- Letter of Parent Consent
- To confirm that your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have given their consent to your application, to your independent travel to the UK and to you living independently in the UK. (Applicable to students under 18 only)
- To confirm that your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) are willing to provide for your tuition and living cost.
- Sort and label application documents in compliance with the requirement of the new scanning process for supporting documents imposed by UKVI.
In addition to preparation of the above documents, our paid visa application service also covers checking of documents included in Section B and Section C.
To be provided by your school:
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) Number
Provided by student and parent(s)
Only English documents are accepted. Translation by lawyers or the Notary Office will be required if any of these document(s) is not in English.
- A valid passport and any old copies
- Financial proof (Original and photocopy)
The financial records must show a year of tuition and living cost. These records must be issued within 31 days prior to the date of application (usually defined as the date when online payment is made) and show that the required amount of fund has been in the account for more than 28 days.
- OEA Letter (Original and photocopy. Issued by the Treasury or the department for which the parent(s) work. Applicable to OEA students only.)
- All academic reference as specified in CAS
- Photocopy of student’s Hong Kong ID Card
- Photocopy of parents’ Hong Kong ID Card
- Birth certificate (Original and photocopy)
- Tuberculosis test (TB test) certificate
- Recommended Item – Passport Photos: Photograph of applicants will be taken at the visa application centre and submission of passport photos is not required as part of your visa application. However, students will need their passport photos for school enrollment, student ID card and police registration. It’s therefore recommended that students prepare six passport photos when they prepare other visa application documents. (45mm X 35mm color photos in white background)
- We recommend applying your student visa as early as it is allowed by the regulations, which is six months before your departure.
- Visa decision will normally be released in 15 to 90 days after submission. Due to the large amount of applications during summer, application might take longer then.
- Your passport(s) and other application documents will be kept at the visa application centre during the whole application process. If you’ve plans to travel, please inform us before the start of the online application.
- Arrival Date: Students can enter the UK as a student one month before the start of your course, and are required to submit your intended arrival date as part of the online application. Please be reminded that if students entered the UK as a tourist, they would be required to re-enter the UK to activate their student visa!
- When the visa is ready, students can collect their passport(s) and application documents in person, by an authorized person or using the Courier Return Service (extra charge applies).
Application Procedures on the Day of Document Submission
- Student should arrive the visa application centre at least 15 minutes before your appointment. Your appointment may be cancelled if you’re late.
- Student will be required to present their Appointment Confirmation Letter to be allowed entrance. Uses of mobile phones, photography and video recording are prohibited.
- Submitting your visa application documents – If you use our paid visa application service, we will help sort and label your application documents in compliance with the requirement of the document scanning process, but you will need to insert the colour divider pages provided by the visa application centre on the spot. Your passport(s) and other application documents will not be returned to you until the whole application processes is completed.
- Enrolling your fingerprints and photograph (known as biometric information collection) at the visa application centre.
- Under normal circumstances, you won’t be interviewed in the process. The document submission process usually take about an hour.
After Your Arrival in the UK
- If your visa application is successful, you will be given a vignette valid for 90 days, which is a temporary visa attached to your passport. You are required to enter the UK within the date specified in your temporary visa to activate your student visa.
- Student is required to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) within 10 days upon their arrival in the UK, or before your temporary visa expires. Your BRP will be used every time you re-enter the UK.
- Student is required to collect your BRP at a post office specified in your online visa application. Alternatively, student can collect your BRP at the school or institution you’re going to study in. (If you’re preparing your online visa application yourself, please contact your education consultant for the ACL code of your school or institution.)
Payment is required to be made via online credit card payment. If you use our paid visa application service, we will charge you in advance and make the online payment on your behalf.
- Student Visa Application Fee: £490*
- Priority Visa Service: £500*
- Immigration Health Surcharge: £776 per year*
Starting from 6th September 2015, the UK Government is charging international students (who study in a course of over 6 months in length) an Immigration Health Surcharge to support the National Health Service (NHS). Applicants are required to pay in full when they make the online payment.
Calculating how much you have to pay: https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type
- Document Scanning Assistance: HKD$155
- Courier within Hong Kong: HKD$127
* The visa application fee changes from time to time. Please refer to the UKVI website for the latest information.
Visa Application Centre: Address & Business Hours
- North Point Visa Centre: Units B&E, 6/F, Lee & Man Commercial Center, 169 Electric Road, North Point (Exit A, Fortress Hill MTR Station)
|Monday to Friday
|North Point Visa Centre
|08:00 – 15:00
UKVI (Last updated: 7th February 2024)