Biomedical Sciences Virtual Seminar (Newcastle University)
In the Seminar, Dr Geoffrey Bosson (Director of International Undergraduate Studies from School of Biomedical, Nutritional & Sport Sciences) will introduce the Biomedical Sciences programmes in Newcastle University, covering areas such as course structure & content, entry requirement, graduate prospects and more! The Seminar is suitable for students interested in applying to medical schools and other biological sciences degrees in the UK.
- How does Biomedical Sciences underpin modern healthcare? What are the differences between Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Biochemistry, Physiology and Medicine? How different academic focuses will influence student’s careers and further studies?
- Making the right 5 choices in your UCAS application: In UCAS, students are allowed to apply to five degrees. In view of the extremely high entry requirements of medical schools, applicants can only apply to four medical schools, so deciding on a suitable 5th choice to match your interests and support your future aspirations is critical.
- Transferring to Medicine and Dentistry: Students of School of Biomedical Sciences in Newcastle University can apply to transfer to Medicine or Dentistry after their first year of study. What procedures do they need to go through? Does the University have a quota for transfers? How difficult is it to transfer?
- Careers in Biomedical Sciences: What career choices are there for graduates of Biomedical Sciences? Which industries do they usually work in?
Related Programmes Extract
- BSc/MBiol (Hons) Biology
- BSc/MBiol (Hons) Biology (Cellular & Molecular Biology)
- BSc/MBiol (Hons) Biology (Ecology & Conservation)
- BSc/MSci (Hons) Biochemistry
- BSc/MSci (Hons) Biomedical Genetics
- BSc/MSci (Hons) Biomedical Sciences
- BSc (Hons) Medical Science (Deferred Choice)
- MBBS Medicine
- BSc (Hons) Pharmacology
- BSc (Hons) Physiological Sciences
Details of Event: How can I Watch the Seminar from Home?
The seminar will also be delivered via Zoom. Students and parents can watch the seminar in our office and meet with our education consultants right after the seminar. Alternatively, you can also choose to watch the seminar in the comfort of your own home. Simply indicate your intention to “Watch from Home” in the “Remarks” field when you register, so that we can make appropriate arrangements in advance.
University Profile: Newcastle University
|International Year One
A Popular Choice of Medical School Applicants: Medicine (MBBS), Biomedical Sciences
Ranked the 152nd globally (QS 2021), the 31st in the UK and a member of the Russell Group, Newcastle University is ranked within top 20 for 22 academic disciplines. It is home to the top Fine Art programmes in UK and known for Architecture, Town Planning & Landscape Architecture, Medicine, Biomedical Sciences and Computer Sciences.
Newcastle University is one of the few universities that provide both University Foundation and International Year One in Architecture, making it a popular choice among aspiring architects.
First established as a School of Medicine, the University had been part of Durham University before it became a university of its own. First taught in 1834, Newcastle’s Medicine prorgammes is one of the most highly regarded medical degrees in the UK; The Medicine programmes also accepts “transfer” application from students of School of Biomedical Sciences, who can apply to transfer to Medicine or Dentistry after their first year of study.
In Computer Science, Newcastle University has a strong focus on specialist areas such as Cloud Computing, Cyber Security and Bio-Computing. It’s a Centre of Excellence for Cyber Security – one of only 19 universities in Britain to obtain such status! In postgraduate level, there are 13 specialist master’s degrees and also a Postgraduate (Conversion) programmes which is open to graduates without a computing background.
Subjects of Strength (Subject Ranking)
Art & Design (1), Dentistry (4), Town Planning & Landscape Architecture (5), Agriculture & Forestry (7), Creative Writing (8), East & South Asian Studies (8), Psychology (8), Food Science (9), Architecture (10), German (10), Linguistics (10), Medicine (12), Anatomy & Physiology (13), Philosophy (14), Geology (15), Pharmacology & Pharmacy (15), Chemical Engineering (16), Media & Communication (17), Classics & Ancient History (18), Geography & Environmental Sciences (18), Music (18), Iberian Languages (Portuguese & Spanish) (20), Computer Science (21), Medical-related Subjects (21), Sociology (22), French (24), Archaeology & Forensic Science (25), Civil Engineering (25), Electrical & Electronic Engineering (28), Mechanical Engineering (28), Economics (30), Politics (31), Business Studies (32), Accounting & Finance (33), Law (34), Education (35), Chemistry (37), English (37), Mathematics (43), History (45), Biological Sciences (64)
You are registering for:
- Event: Biomedical Sciences Virtual Seminar (Newcastle University)
- Date: 2/2（Tuesday）
- Time: 5:00PM - 6:00PM