2:30PM - 3:30PM
UK Postgraduate Education Seminar ( + Shortage Occupation Overview)
A few years into working adult’s life, as graduates start to understand themselves and the society in general better, personal ambition and career goals tend to shift and it’s a common point in life where working adults consider a postgraduate education.
Graduates intending to stay within their industries normally go for a Taught Postgraduate programme, where they’d deepen their professional knowledge and obtain a higher academic qualification. As a UK postgraduate degree normally takes just a year to complete, it’s always been a very popular option – especially when it comes with worldwide recognition!
Looking for a career change? Postgraduate (Conversion) may help open door to a range of professional careers! These programmes allow students to obtain professional qualifications for Physiotherapy, Nursing, Surveying and many other disciplines within one to two years. What’s more? Many of these professions that come with Postgraduate (Conversion) programmes are also shortage occupations in the UK, with very solid graduate prospect – best suited for students with plans to relocate, and simply like to stay and work in the UK after graduation!
In the Seminar, our education consultants will provide an overview of the Taught Postgraduate, Postgraduate (Conversion) and Pre Master’s programmes available in the UK. We will cover things like course structure, professional qualifications, tuition & other expanses, entry requirements and application procedures. We will also explore the shortage occupations together – you may be interested to know that currently many skilled occupations are in a labour shortage, including nurses, physiotherapists, biological scientists, graphic designers, engineers, web designers, information technology and software professionals and many others!
- Application Guidelines for Postgraduate (Conversion): Which subjects are the toughest to apply? What does it really mean when entry requirements ask for “qualifications and work experience in a related discipline”?
- How do non-science students apply for Physiotherapy and other healthcare related prorgammes?
- English Requirements and Different Types of IELTS: What’s IELTS for UKVI (Academic)? Under what circumstances may applicants be exempted from English language requirements?
- When academic or language ability fall short, how do universities determine whether the applicant needs to study a 3-month, 6-month or a year-long Pre Master’s programme?
- Employment in the UK: Graduates can stay and work in the UK with the BN(O) visa, Post-Study Work visa, or the Youth Mobility visa. What limitation do these different types of visas have?
- Shortage Occupation: You may be interested to know that currently many skilled occupations are in a labour shortage in the UK, including nurses, physiotherapists, biological scientists, graphic designers, engineers, web designers, information technology and software professionals and many others!
Disciplines that Offer Postgraduate (Conversion) Programmes Extract
- Computer Sciences (Course duration: 1 year)
- Landscape Architecture (Course duration: 2 years)
- Law (Course duration: 1 year)
- Medicine, Veterinary Medicine (Normally called Graduate-Entry programmes) (Course duration: 4-5 years)
- Medical-related Subjects (such as Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, etc) (Course duration: 2 years)
- Nursing (Course duration: 2 years)
- Psychology (Course duration: 1 year)
- Social Work (Course duration: 2 years)
- Surveying (Course duration: 1 year)
- Town Planning (Course duration: 1 year)
You are registering for:
- Event: UK Postgraduate Education Seminar ( + Shortage Occupation Overview)
- Date: 16/9（Saturday）
- Time: 2:30PM - 3:30PM